2009年10月31日星期六

What parts of your body does swimming work?

I know its cardio and it works your stomach. But what else? If I were to swim laps on a regular basis, would I see good results and how long would that take? I also run and do various exercises on a daily basis.
Answer:
Well... Swimming works out lots and lots and lots of muscles! It works out many of the same muscles as running, muscles such as your 4 quad muscles and your Calf Muscles and Soleus. Yet, swimming also works out many other muscles such as the adductors and the lliopsoas muscles. With your arms Swimming works out not only the biceps, triceps, and abbs, but also other muscles that are very over looked in weight lifting and training. Theses muscles include the glute muscles and the lats. So, swimming is better then just normal weight training and endurance. But also don't forget that it strenghtens your lung muscles, brain, and other interior muscles!
Swimming is great for your legs, but and arms. You should see results pretty quickly if you swim enough. Try out different types of strokes to work the different muscles in your arms and legs.
it works out all of ur body even muscles you didnt know u had specially when you tie some in water weight training along with the swimming
Shoulders! Yes, swimming is an excellent way to exercise your whole body, but I can always tell when someone, guys or girls, swims alot (i.e. competitively) by the shape of their shoulders. Personally I think its unattractive on women, probably looks better on a guy.
When I had polio, swimming was recommended as the number one exercise because there is no injury to the joints and mainly because it works the whole body. Your arms, back, legs, stomach ~ it all gets worked and you definitely get a good cardio workout ~ so I'd say everything :)
It works legs,arms, and probably every muscle in your body. I would guess that if you swim long enough daily it wouldn't take that long to see results
everything man I started swimming 2 weeks ago and my arms are like rocks but I got a Horrible skin burn.

没有评论:

发表评论

 

What kind of Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | Web Hosting

vc .net